Oops, premature send, sorry.

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Isaac Schlueter <i...@izs.me> wrote:
> The cost of keeping it as it is, or delaying until 0.12, is that it
> continues to be a confusing pain-point for users, and an awful
> overly-complicated part of the code.  At least in master today, you
> can pass 'buffer' as an argument to get a buffer out of it, which
> previously was impossible.  But it's still

But it's still confusing and weird, because it doesn't match the rest
of the Node API.  If we put a streaming interface on it, then we'll
have to do a bunch of hoop-jumping to get it right.  Also, there are
parts that are just broken.  For example, using hex encoding in some
of these functions just blows up with an assertion error, and
apparently always has.  The fact that no one has ever complained about
this makes me think that it's just not an API that gets a lot of use,
and is probably pretty safe to fix.