On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 10:03 AM, Arunoda Susiripala
<arunoda.susirip...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I think with chrome we really don't need to much worry security model. Since
> chrome will take care of it.
> What we actually need it set of wrappers for the core node APIs.
>
> Yes. we will not have to use npm projects with c/c++ add-ons, but still we
> can you alot, as mentioned in the video using browserify.

Ok, so you're looking for a library that implements the node api in
pure javascript.  That's basically what browserify does.  Do be aware
that many node apis simply aren't possible to fully implement in the
browser because the dom doesn't provide the primitives required.  But
as far as it's possible, it would be a neat project.  You could even
fake a lot of the impossible APIs and let people hook in mock
providers.  I've wanted to create something like this to let people
run a node repl purely in the browser.