On Sunday, November 11, 2012 10:46:05 PM UTC-8, Mikeal Rogers wrote:

> Some people clearly like promises, but the dominant pattern in node is not
> promises, it's callbacks, with complex callback issues managed with async.
>
> Stating your opinion strongly does not make it a fact. This is your
> preference, and many others, but not the majority.

I'm aware of the much larger async userbase on github. In my opinion this
is because promises are a more complicated concept to learn and thus scare
people off and reduce adoption. It's different than native javascript so
there are people who do not want to explore the option.

If you write a library, it better use callbacks if you want people to use
> it.

I agree, as I said if you use expose an api you should still handle user
me. I wouldn't give a user a promise as a response from my npm library.