> The idea is to have a curated list of modules with appropriate
stability and support guarantees.  If you find a bug, we'll make sure
it gets fixed in a timely manner; you won't be at the mercy of the
module author.

A priviliged list of approved modules is dangerous. It stales development.

Instead fix the npm discoverability problem to make it trivial to search
for a list that meets the criterias.

The discoverability problem is a lot harder but far more worthwhile and it
will solve that very problem.