Am Sonntag, 16. Dezember 2012 07:54:01 UTC+1 schrieb tedsuo:

> Panyasan, out of curiosity, what is wrong with express and the various
> auth libraries, etc?  All of the pieces you describe exist as libraries,
> how exactly does this not fit the bill of having generic pieces without
> being a monolithic system?

Hi Ted, as I write in my last response, there is nothing wrong with the
various libraries. A few months ago, I started a "tutorial" (it was
actually more of a documentation of my trial-and-error attempts) on how to
build a complete application structure with these libraries. You can find
it on my
blog<http://panyasan.wordpress.com/2012/07/29/developing-a-complete-client-server-application-with-qooxdoo-and-node-on-cloud9ide-part-1-application-architecture/>.

It was a great experience to see the creativity and productivity of the
node community, evidenced by the sheer amount of modules on NPM. I looked
at a ACL library, which didn't have a mongodb backend, asked the author,
and he added one in no time. What more can you ask for? That's just great.
But after a while, I got stuck. There were a lot of loose ends, the stuff
didn't naturally fit each other, and I had to spend more and more time on
the "glue code". That's not what I expected, and I simply had no time for
it. But I am repeating myself. I hope I made myself clearer in the other
response. What I need is a higher-level API which expose only
functionality, and doesn't directly make me dependent on the libraries.
Maybe that's a stupid thing to wish for, but that's how it its for me
(remember, I am NOT a professional). In a sense, what I would like to have
is a "sandbox" in the sense of Nicolas Z. Zakas' "scalable javascript
architecture<http://de.slideshare.net/nzakas/scalable-javascript-application-architecture>"

(I talk about it in the first part of the tutorial).