On Sunday, January 6, 2013, Eric Mill wrote:

> .
>
> Developers' responses to specific questions/suggestions with "Why do you
> want to do that? It sounds like you're making bad decisions." is a cliche
> that still happens all the time, and annoys the heck out of me.

Really? Im facepalming so hard right now that I probably have black eyes.
It is _every_  _software_ _developers_ _obligation_ to always question the
approaches and solutions of their peers and their own. Feelings?? bits
don't have feelings. Bit operations aren't emotional. Software doesn't need
a hug.

If I'm "doing it wrong", I expect—no, demand—that my peers inform me and
show me the best way, to the best of their understanding of the problem
space. If it turns out they're doing it wrong too, then we'll learn
together. If constructive criticism annoys you, you are the problem.

-Rick