> Love science and love node.js?

Yes. In fact, I learned programming primarily for implementing/using
numerical methods when I was an engineering major. ;)

> I know of Brain which is awesome, anything else?

Was reading about http://www.numericjs.com/ which looks pretty sweet.
I've also been meaning to use
https://github.com/albertosantini/node-rio or similar to integrate
node with R.

> The forward Euler step is employed for simplicity and speed

Please please please use RK4 instead of foward Euler, it's way way
more accurate. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RK4

> For all those "javascript-is-bad-at-computation" naysayers

I mean, you have to understand that for many problems in scientific
computing, the matrices are large enough that you really want to bust
out C and fortran libraries. That's not to say that v8 isn't fast or
that you can't do good science with javascript, it's to say that big
problems need big iron. Of course, when it comes to making native
modules in node, v8 is at a disadvantage to, say, python, when it
comes to the speed of the interface. I love javascript, but
unfortunately that's the reality of things.

Personally, my approach has typically been to use node for juggling
IO, and then delegating the "hard stuff" to basic services written in
"more appropriate" environments.

Cheers,

--Josh