I do this for my windows-eventlog module

https://github.com/jfromaniello/windowseventlogjs

It is packaged with the two nodes files. I wish I have a build script for
this with node-gyp, haven't figure out yet, but shiping precompiled for
windows is a must, since I usually don't want to install dev tools on
servers.