On Monday, January 28, 2013 1:31:23 PM UTC+2, Ben Noordhuis wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 9:33 AM, Zoid <andy.m...@gmail.com <javascript:>>
> wrote:
>
> Something like this should work:
>
>   var foo = require('build/Release/foo.' + process.arch + '.node');
>
> Compile your module twice (or thrice, if you want to support ARM) to
> out/Release/foo.ia32.node and out/Release/foo.x64.node.

It's a great advice, thank you.

> > 2. Is there a way to help module maintainers to include precompiled
> binaries
> > in their npm packages? Are binaries still supported? I'd like to start
> with
> > ws and xxhash - they both don't have binaries included at least for x64.
> >

> You can ship .node files with a npm module and some modules do.  See
> the bson module for an example.

The question was not how to ship .node files, but how to cooperate with
module maintainers. I don't want to take full responsibility to maintain
module, but can give .node files to the maintainer to include. Does anybody
already do this?

Andy

nodejs+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.