Hi everybody!

I need some help on getting together as much information as possible on
node.js (and its competitors), as we're going to start a quite project in
our company, and we currently are in that phase in which you have to
convince yourself and everybody else that this or that technology choice is
the right one.

The project is about a "Proxy API", as I often call it, a *central routing
app* that should handle all the connections between our already existing
applications. These are like 7 at the moment, but we want to separate some
of them (especially the main one, a huge Ruby on Rails app that computes
and displays quite everything behind it), so we want to create something
very configurable, abstract, and prepared for future expansion of new apps.

Obviously, the main point here is *availability*, as everything in the
company (and perhaps, one day, our external clients as well) will
constantly hit this API, and ask (and post) data, but almost nothing as to
be computed in the API itself, we just pass the data to other apps, and
maybe do some nice *caching* to not constantly hit other apps always for
the same  data.

That said, we have to *convince the business counterpart* (we are a
financial company) that node.js is well-suited for our use case, is ready
for big numbers, and that (don't ask me why everyone in this damn sector
thinks this) Java, or better the JVM, may not be the best way to go.
Anyway, a nice comparison between the proposed languages would be very
appreciated!

Thank you in advance in any case!