Slobodan,

Sadly the node.js list sometimes generates more heat than light. Here's a
bit of the latter:

DB.retrieve('id1', cb); // start all retrieves in parallel, a key benefit
of Node
DB.retrieve('id2', cb); // providing the object name in the callback
arguments may require passing it to retrieve
DB.retrieve('id3', cb);

var vals = { length:3 }; // could also vals.length++ on each retrieve line

function cb(err, result) { // result is { name:string, value:number }
  if (err) throw err; // or something more useful
  vals[result.name] = result.value;
  if (--vals.length > 0)
    return;
  // process vals here