Hey there,

I'm trying to install the jquery node module locally with node version
0.10.5 and npm version 1.2.21. I'm running node on Arch Linux.

When I try to install the jquery node module, I get a variety of errors.
What puzzles me most is the first error written here:

gyp ERR! stack Error: Python executable "python" is v3.3.1, which is not
supported by gyp.
gyp ERR! stack You can pass the --python switch to point to Python >=
v2.5.0 & < 3.0.0.
gyp ERR! stack     at failPythonVersion
(/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:118:14)
gyp ERR! stack     at
/usr/lib/node_modules/npm/node_modules/node-gyp/lib/configure.js:107:9
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.exithandler (child_process.js:630:7)
gyp ERR! stack     at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
gyp ERR! stack     at maybeClose (child_process.js:730:16)
gyp ERR! stack     at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit
(child_process.js:797:5)

This python error for the installation node-gyp is only an error for the
Windows platform as you can see on the github
https://github.com/TooTallNate/node-gyp

I installed node-gyp separately in Arch Linux, and it was fine with my
3.x.x version of python.

Why do I get this error?

Thanks for any help