On Friday, July 12, 2013 7:00:33 PM UTC+2, David Beck wrote:

> Wow.. bugger looks awesome! I love how you can use Chrome's
> command-shift-O to get a list of the functions in the current file. Always
> missed that with node-inspector.
>
> Does the support for coffeescript source maps mean that you can actually
> debug in coffeescript? Any tips on how to set this up? We have not been
> able to figure it out!

The upcoming version of node-inspector [1] has all of this too, plus few
features that are not yet implemented in bugger - e.g. live edit of
javascript sources or modify variable values.

To enable source maps, you need to invoke the coffeescript compiler with -m
option, i.e.

    coffee -c -m [files]

This way the compiler adds a magic string with a link to the original
coffee-script source to the generated javasript. That's all you need to
make it work.

[1] https://github.com/strongloop/node-inspector