While I agree with the sentiment in most of this email I would argue
Streams are not backward compatible. There's an effort so that what was
coded in 0.8 still works in 0.10, but it's impossible to code things that
work in both 0.8 and 0.10 without different code. Might seem minor, but
since I found this in the crypto api i would argue it's something that
should be tackled. As we reach newer versions of node 0.8 compatibility
will be less of a problem, but fore now most production systems are in 0.8
or 0.6 and this has delayed people adopting 0.10. By having less people use
newer versions, it also makes maturity take longer.

Error handling does suck but in all honesty it seems to suck everywhere but
erlang. It does suck a bit more in node tbh.

As for those who say "forking is not an option" — I would argue it's the
only option. It's super common practice for companies to keep a private
fork of a OS product. If someone chooses to do a "different node" I'm sure
that by now there would be adoption. Actually someone already did that in a
sense, meteorjs. The downsides are fragmenting an ecosystem but the upside
is vaster, since it's normally a symptom of huge success in a os product
(e.g. linux distros)

Thanks Isaac and the Node team to keep honest to the ethos of Nodejs. As a
user I appreciate knowing what to expect from you guys. I'm sure companies
feel the same way when they rely on the product to do business. If you are
looking for commercial alternatives to accommodate your needs, there's a
few out there. Reach out to them and see what they can do for you.

Nuno