Yes, I know it isn't hoisting.  I never claimed it was.  I'm just saying
(over and over) that callbacks can call the functions while going downwards
in the file.  This is how I code everything.

Here is a more detailed example.  Note how readable it is when the control
flows downward, just like synchronous code.

start = -> setTimeout cb1, 1000; console.log Date.now()
cb1 = -> setTimeout cb2, 1000; console.log Date.now()
cb2 = -> console.log Date.now()

start()

Everyone is still telling me it won't work, isn't hoisting, or something,
which has nothing to do with what I'm saying.  As long as you all keep
doing this I'm going to keep trying to get my point across.

Does anyone appreciate this pattern?  It is like the pattern described in
the blog in the OP.  And it *does* use coffeescript.