MVC is not a folder structure (it's called "cargo cult", not MVC). MVC is
not a bunch of "built-in" dependencies and a big config file to disable
them (it's called "bloatware", not MVC). MVC is an idea that you separate
database calls, rendering and a presentation(*) layer in between.

Express.js already separates rendering well enough, even without renaming
"render" to "loadView". Mongoose already separates database well enough.
You already have MVC, if you use those modules. What's more to do here?

This module is a boilerplate, no more and no less than that. And as far as
boilerplates are concerned, I'd definitely prefer a standard one generated
by "express" itself.

(*) well yeah, strictly speaking I'm talking about MVP, because it's better
all around, but basically the same words apply to MVC as well