Dependencies is not a big problem. Well, it could be, because npm don't
handle it very well. For example, socket.io will always be installed in
your case, but it can be turned off in configuration file and never used. I
don't know a good solution for this, maybe something like
https://github.com/isaacs/npm/issues/3933 would help.

But it's not what I was talking about.

Ordinary express users write "app.use(express.multipart())" to add
multipart. You suggest to write "global.useExpressMultipart = true" instead.

Ordinary express users write "require('socket.io').listen(server)". You
suggest to write "global.sleekConfig.enableSocketio = true" instead.

But what is the difference? Instead of writing the program, your users will
write a config file that is just as simple to write as the real program.
But if it's the same thing, I don't see how are you making a task to write
a web application any easier.

PS: well yeah, there are a few useful things there, but I'm pretty sure a
simple middleware can do the same