Starting with 1.5 we'll remove most of the legacy browser support, in a way
that compatibility can still be retained through polyfilling. That said,
client code build size is probably one of the last things you should be
optimizing. By the time the code loads, gets parsed and the socket
connects, the user could already be looking at data
<http://rauchg.com/2014/7-principles-of-rich-web-applications/#server-rendered-pages-are-not-optional>
.

—
@rauchg <https://twitter.com/rauchg>