felixauringer commented on code in PR #3223:
URL: https://github.com/apache/james-project/pull/3223#discussion_r4170241688
##########
server/protocols/jwt/src/main/java/org/apache/james/jwt/PublicKeyReader.java:
##########
@@ -46,7 +58,13 @@ private Optional<PublicKey> publicKeyFrom(PEMParser reader) {
return Optional.of(new
JcaPEMKeyConverter().getPublicKey((SubjectPublicKeyInfo) readPEM));
}
if (readPEM instanceof X509CertificateHolder) {
- SubjectPublicKeyInfo keyInfo = ((X509CertificateHolder)
readPEM).getSubjectPublicKeyInfo();
+ X509CertificateHolder certHolder = (X509CertificateHolder)
readPEM;
+ Date now = Date.from(clock.instant());
+ if (now.before(certHolder.getNotBefore()) ||
now.after(certHolder.getNotAfter())) {
+ LOGGER.warn("Certificate is not valid at {}. Validity: [{}
- {}]",
+ now, certHolder.getNotBefore(),
certHolder.getNotAfter());
+ }
Review Comment:
I am not generally against adding some sanity check.
However, I think that java properties should be used sparely. As this
validity period check can always be fixed (generate new self-signed certificate
/ get new certificate from our issuer), I do not understand why it deserves an
additional property.
And the property is not documented in any way, so how would I know how to
configure it?
--
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]
---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]