Jani Nikula <j...@nikula.org> writes:
> The discussions about this were lengthy and tedious, and I was glad we
> eventually reached some consensus about what we wanted.

This much I do understand. And I apologize if I seem to be raising anew
issues that should finally be behind us.

>> Meanwhile, the new "folder:" anchors the search to the beginning of
>> the directory, while "path:" does not.
>
> Incorrect (or I don't understand you).
>> That's an odd hodgepodge of non-orthogonal distinction in
>> functionality.
>
> I'm sorry to hear you think that way. One is verbatim filesystem path,
> the other hides mail store folder implementation details as a
> convenience.

It may be that I simply misunderstood one aspect of "path:". If it's
effectively ''anchored'' the same way as "folder:" then perhaps these
are more similar than I thought. In which case, I apologize for the
noise.

-Carl