On 28/10/16 22:34, Matthew Lear wrote:

> I will commence with trying to figure out what is causing the problem. I've
> seen some weirdness with margins when viewing HTML messages too. Maybe that's
> some kind of bizarre toolkit thing... Anyway, thanks a lot for testing and
> for confirming that there's no problem.

From what I can tell, this is purely caused by using:

(setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-frame)
or
(setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-window)

when using (setq mm-text-html-renderer 'shr)

If I keep shr and use (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'current-window) or
remove this setting completely (to get the default behaviour), there is
no problem in replying to an html message and the html text being quoted.

If I switch to using different values of mm-text-html-renderer such as
w3m, links, lynx or html2text there is no problem replying when using
a new-frame or new-window via notmuch-mua-compose-in.

Seems like the problem I've seen is purely limited to using
mm-text-html-renderer equal to 'shr along with notmuch settings to
compose in either a new frame or a new window.

I've tested this with a .emacs of only a few lines and am convinced.

Please can this be verified by somebody else?

Cheers,
--  Matt