Matthew Lear <m...@bubblegen.co.uk> writes:

> On 28/10/16 22:34, Matthew Lear wrote:
>>
>> I will commence with trying to figure out what is causing the problem. I've
>> seen some weirdness with margins when viewing HTML messages too. Maybe
>> that's some kind of bizarre toolkit thing... Anyway, thanks a lot for
>> testing and for confirming that there's no problem.
>
> From what I can tell, this is purely caused by using:
>
> (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-frame)
> or
> (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-window)

Yes, I can replicate this bug in emacs 25.1 by

1) ./devel/try-emacs-mua -q

2) (setq notmuch-mua-compose-in 'new-frame)

3) reply to an html only message.

If I M-x toggle-debug-on-error I get a backtrace ending in

set-window-buffer(nil #<buffer  *temp*-321945>)
shr-pixel-column
shr-string-pixe-width
shr-insert-document
notmuch-show--insert-part-text/html-shr

I can't find an html only public-message so far to give a full
backtrace.