Am Mo., 13. Feb. 2023 um 13:26 Uhr schrieb David Bremner <da...@tethera.net>:

> So for this only supports counting messages in threads, and the sexp
> based query parser. It seems useful to expand it to other fields
> (from, e.g.). I'm not sure how motivated I am to shim this into the
> infix query parser, but we will see how it goes.

This certainly looks interesting, and not easy to get by scripting
around the existing commands. It is kinda special, so having it in
sexp only seems okay.

I am getting a few surprising matches, e.g.
```
notmuch search  --query=sexp '(thread (count 115)))'
thread:0000000000021229   2021-05-17 [5/5] Michael J Gruber ... redacted
notmuch count --exclude=false thread:0000000000021229
5
```
It could be some database issues, of course. Or me misunderstanding something :)

Patch 1/2 is crlf garbled, by the way. Applies cleanly after removing
the extra ^Ms.

Michael