Okay I kind of understand that, although I don't see this defined in
nox.xml. This file just lists some events and provides filters for each (but
what's a filter?).

In nox_main.cc, there are the beginnings of a doxygen manual describing the
NOX Programming Model, but it just has section titles right now. This is
exactly what I need. Is this documentation completed in any later branch?