Thanks, Michael, for sending the pcap and the debugging info offline.
I believe we may have uncovered a NOX bug. I'll let KK and team
confirm that.

The source address you have translates to:
>>> val=array.array('B', [0, 48, 5, 204, 90, 232])
>>> val = val.tostring()
>>> val
'\x000\x05\xccZ\xe8'

The destination MAC addr you have translates to:
>>> val=array.array('B', [0, 38, 85, 218, 58, 64])
>>> val = val.tostring()
>>> val
'\x00&U\xda:@'

Unfortunately, the destination MAC address has a ":" character in
binary. This causes NOX to incorrectly interpret this val string as a
text (instead of binary) at Line 78 of src/nox/lib/util.py, and then
perform a text conversation (instead of binary). This leads to the
invalid ethernet address.

KK and team will patch this. In the meantime, please try the hacky
patch that I mailed you and write back to the list if that solves your
problem.

Thanks
Srini.