Hi,

Comment inline.

Regards
KK

On 14 November 2010 09:51, Rohit Manohar <rdman...@ncsu.edu> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Please ignore the previous mail.
>
> We have decided to implement load distribution based on counters maintained
> by a switch for a flow. When we install a flow in a switch, we will set some
> 'hard_timeout_value'. After the specified time, we expect the switch to
> return a 'flow_expired_event'. I have also found 'flow_removed_event' which
> is very similar to the expired one.

The flow_removed_event is the more update-to-date version of the
flow_expired_event.  The main difference is that flow removed is
triggered even when the flow is removed explicitly instead of with a
timeout.

> What is the difference between the two?
> Do these events return 'packet_count' in the handler. I am not able to find
> the code for these events. Could you provide with a path?

Sorry, I parse my own packets in C/C++ and I am currently away for my
development machine for a couple of weeks.  Can someone point Rohit to
the correct API?