I believe it will work either way, although I am not sure. We are having a
meeting on Tuesday morning to review the status and I will get more details
exactly how this will work. We are also working on a full MTA gateway that
will work on both Windows and Linux. It will run presumably on a separate box.
We are contracting the basic MTA code from a company that already has done
development in this area, and they are adding the hooks we need for
SpamManager, then we will finish the final implementation in house. All this
is being done in Delphi/Kylix so all the code except the OS specific stuff is
sharable between platforms, including the considerable amount of inline
assembly that is so crucial to performance. This will allow us to easily
maintain versions for both platforms with the same code. The BSD version has
to be translated into ANSI C which is why it will be down the road a bit. I
don't like ANSI C, you can't use any of the slick classes that C++, Delphi, or
Kylix has built in. Everything takes a lot longer.

-Brian

On 01/30/03 6:28pm you wrote...