On 9 Apr 2014, at 12:24 am, Eric Kolotyluk <eric.koloty...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am trying to figure out how to build an executable from modules. Does
> anyone have any example projects that do this.

I haven't tried this, but can notice a couple of things in the examples:

>    elevate-exe (dotnet-executable,depends on elevate-common and
> elevate-module)

This still has a lifecycle that includes compile, but not link:

https://github.com/apache/npanday/blob/trunk/plugins/maven-compile-plugin/src/main/groovy/npanday/plugin/compile/CompileLifecycleMap.groovy#L66

This means that:

> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.apache.npanday.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-compile-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
> <extensions>true</extensions>
> <executions>
> <execution>
> <phase>none</phase>
> </execution>
> </executions>
> </plugin>

This is an additional execution, not an override.

> <plugin>
> <groupId>org.apache.npanday.plugins</groupId>
> <artifactId>maven-link-plugin</artifactId>
> <version>1.5.0-incubating-SNAPSHOT</version>
> <extensions>true</extensions>
> <configuration>
> <frameworkVersion>4.0</frameworkVersion>
> <parameters>
> <parameter>/target:exe</parameter>
> <parameter>/out:elevate.exe</parameter>
> <parameter>/main:Elevate.Main</parameter>
> </parameters>
> </configuration>
> </plugin>

There is no execution for this configuration.

Perhaps you need to use a bare lifecycle like the one from
custom-lifecycle-plugin, add the link and attach the artifact?

- Brett