OK, after several days of intense, and I mean very intense, frustration, here is what I have concluded:

http://kolotyluk.github.io/open-source/2014/04/09/hassling-dotnet.html

Because I know how to easily create an uber-jar assembly in Java, I falsely concluded there was an equivalent way to do the same in .Net.

It is also compelling to want .Net software builds with NPanday to be similar to Java software builds in Maven, but the reality is that there will always be some serious differences in these processes. Still, my hope that NPanday/Maven can increasingly reduce these differences in many areas, and I look forward to a day where NPanday graduates from incubating to be fully supported with the rest of Maven.

Cheers, Eric