Regardless of what musical style made the term iconic in music; we know
Prince is just using religious imagery in the same way he's done
countless time. I mean how is this any different than the song "7";
which is full of religious imagery.  As for it being used for something
trivial; I don't know. I read the lyrics someone transcribed and while
I'm not exactly sure what he's singing about exactly; doesn't sound
trivial :)

Victor

NPS wrote:
Of course I understand that it has Biblical origins... still its invocation
in popular music was pretty much made iconic in roots reggae.  And no matter
what the origins, his use of the term for something trivial is clumsy.  The
Lion of Judah will slay his enemies?  What enemies?  Sony BMG?  The UK
Retailers? hahahahahahahah