I really like the album. I'm on the side of it being one of Prince's
best in years. Better than 3121 and Musicology. In fact, I think it
will outsell 3121 and Musicology. One reason is that I think people
who haven't bought Prince albums in a long time, but know him from
the 80's and early 90's, will hear songs like "Future Baby Mama" and
want to buy it. I pretty much like it all and think this is a great
album. In my mind, the only recent album that trumps this is "Rainbow
Children".

And when you go back to that tour ("One Night Alone" 2001), it was
the last time he was really supporting an album by playing a large
share of the songs from it live. From 3121, for example, he's really
only doing 3 songs or something. I'm betting that if and when we see
Prince tour here next, he'll be playing at least half of this album
live - and it will kick ass. "Get On The Boat" didn't really hit me
until I saw him do it live - then it killed me. But with Planet
Earth, a song like "Chelsea Rodgers" is already doing it on record.

The packaging is very simple - no liner notes, just a few credits on
the back. No tracklisting. No "Prince". Not even the name of the
album on the spine. And what the hell is he wearing in those
pictures? - that black and red thing?? lol

Here's a very positive review of it from Entertainment Weekly. (Sorry
if it's already been posted.):
http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20046850,00.html

Amil