From: Amil Dave <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: npny@lists.panix.com
Sent: Monday,
November 17, 2008 2:08:55 PM
Subject: Re: NPNY: New Yorker (11/24/08): Soup
With Prince

The printed quote about his opinion on gay marriage and abortion
comes
off as a bit homophobic, don't you think? If he made it, he probably
didn't realize that it sounded that way. If it's a total misquote,
then it
really emphasizes how ridiculously naive his "no tape
recorders" rule is
(was?).

However, I think as Christian as Prince is, and now with his JW
beliefs, he must be against gay-marriage and abortion. It's logical.
As a
Prince fan, you don't want to believe it. But I think it's a safe
bet that he
did say something to that effect. The New Yorker is not
the NY Post.

There
are posts debating this in reaction to the article on Dr
Funkenberry's site
and on the Org. If true, in my opinion, this would
be another sad evolution in
Prince history.

Amil

<Moderator: Prince's views on homosexually has been a
rumbling in the Princeverse for many years now. This is nothing new just the
first real public mention of it that I can recall.  -Derek>