Hi Wang,
I dont know any authoritative definition for the lifetime of a network.
But in my opinion is that depends on the application/scenario. Some
authors claim that it is the time till the last/first node is
alive/dead, or even half network is dead. But i guess that it is
important to register the time when the network is no longer performing
its goal, this meatric can be a % of monitored phenomenos.

Regard,
Tiago Camilo