Hi All,

I am using NS-2.28 and default AODV implementation on it. During some
simulations, when number of nodes are high, there are a lot of dropped
packets and repeated RREQ packets.

The reason logged indicates that the link layer reports that a route failed.

Although, routes are again found, this seriously hampers the throughput. I
am not sure that this is "correct" simulation.

My scenario has static nodes (no mobility and no change in topology during
the simulation), no error model and a simple two-ray ground propogation
model.

Why should link layer conditions change at all in such a scenario and why
should there be drops due to that ?

It would be really great if somebody could provide some insight.

Thanks and Regards,
Kanthi