>         I have source code that was written when ns2.1b8a was used. I have
> to submit my project code  by 20th. Please, could anybody tell me if it is
> possible to run ns2.1b8a code in ns2.28. If so, what changes have to be
> made..

I'm seeing this type of "small classroom assignments" over and over in this
list; either this is a very simple task, involving only TCL script
customizing....

... or it will be pretty much an impossible task, especially for day 20th.

I suggest you use the code "as-is" with old ns2.1b8a-allinone-version, and,
if necessary, gcc-2.95