> Message: 12
 > Date: Sun, 9 Apr 2006 16:27:22 +0200
 > From: Salvatore La Bua <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
 > Subject: [ns] General question about extracted files of ns-allinone
 >      and a   FC5 issue
 > To: "NS Users-List " <ns-users@ISI.EDU>
 >
 > Hi to all,
 > I wish to know if in a wrongly built installation of ns-allinone, the
 > extracted files may conflicts with other system's files. In few
words, > may
 > during the installation process some or more files are spreaded over
 > the system's directory structure?
 > I was afraid of a wrongly built installation was spreading files over
 > the
 > system and I can't recognize them.

In that case, the allinone package should not install files outside of
the directory in which it untarred.

 > PS: Another little question (I'll may open a new thread):
 > Someone of you had install ns-allinone over a Fedora Core 5 system?
 > Thanks a lot.

Try following the instructions on this page (to update the allinone
package with the current CVS snapshot, which is reported to support FC5):

http://nsnam.isi.edu/nsnam/index.php/Updating_Ns_Allinone