I am just putting this question out there to see if it is possible to
implement.  Right now I only have access to one laptop.  I am running
ns-2.27 with pclinuxos.  So far I was able to 'make nse' and did not
return any error messages however I still can't run the pingdemo.tcl.
But the question is this:

I want the emulator to be able to read a tracefile (a large one
perhaps that of a half an hour show) in real time and at the same time
output the packets perhaps to a reciever tracefile that is constantly
updated as packets arrive.  Next the tracefile is read by a real time
player such as VLC (I think it has real time capabilities) and outputs
the video  So I can readily view the real-time video as it is being
emulated.  I have to all this in one machine or the laptop.

Is it possible or has anyone done anything like this before that can
offer me some direction?  Thank you.

Cheers
Mowly