Hi users I am currently studying the mobile IP behaviour using ns2.28. During
simulations I noticed a serious bug in mip implementation of ns2.28 . That is
too long handover time. It was difficult for me to trace the actual cause.
  How ever in the ns mail archieves I read the same problem titled "Too long
handover time" by Michal on sep 13, 2005. Michal in his study traced the cause
because of ARP message. According to him the problem is due to ARP
implementation of ns2.28. According to him

  >>Hi all,

>>I'm doing some experiments with Mobile IP and I think I found a serious
>>problem.

>>I'm using standard tcl file and I see that the time of handover is much to
>>.long.

>.After investigations I found out that handover ends when packet “message”
>>is called.

>>I thing this is an ARP packet. When I set traffic to the Mobile Node I
>.managed to solve this problem by calling arprequest() function by Foreign
>>Agent every time MN tries to register.

>>The problem is when traffic is up, I mean when MN is a source. I tried
>>calling arprequest() in several combinations, but with no positive results.

>>Does anybody know what is going on with this simulator (I’m using ns2-28).
>>Why this problem occurs at all? And how to solve it? I think everyone
>>working with Mobile IP is in the same situation. Or aybe this ARP problem is
>>well known, maybe updating ARP table after registration request is not in
t>>he standard, it is not a part of basic SUN’s MIP model?

>>Thanks for help,

>>Michal
  I am now unable to address this probelem as I donot know how and where to
correct the ARP module as indicated by the Michal

  Can any one help me in this regard
  Thanks

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo!
Messenger with Voice.