Hi ns users,

I am a relatively new user of ns2.I am working on congestion detection
in networks using ns-2 for my simulator.I need some clarification
regarding packet generation.I am genrating data rates in the order of
80-90 mega bits per sec.I am transmitting data at this rate in a link
of capacity just 2Mbps...and still there are no packet drops...so i
checked the parrivals_ variable for the queue monitor i had created
for this link and i found that the parrivals_ variable was never
increasing even though the data rates are increasing.Could you please
give me an insight into what is happening....Is it some property of
the node or is it the link?
Even though the rate_ variables of the cbr generators have values of
80 to 90 Mbps
there are no packet arrivals at the link...does it mean that the
traffic has not been generated(if so,is there any other way to check
it?I could not check in the nam because my network is huge and ns says
"fiel limit  exceeded")....or does it mean that there is some problem
with the link......

Please do reply if you have any pointers regarding this problem...any
help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a lot in advance
Charu