Actually; I just discovered that the retransmitted packets ARE there in the
trace file. The TCP sequence number (column two from the right) is used as
it should, in addition an "A" flag is used to mark a retransmitted packet.
Something went wrong with my first search on this topic. Again, ns-2 is my
best friend, and thanks to Phil and Ethan for their time. - Arne