Hello Mathieu,
Thanks for replying.

I got things clearer now that I've read a couple of papers about
802.11e. I'm not an 802.11e expert. I think the behavior you
implemented is correct. Flows not accepted by the scheduler must not
use the EDCA slots in the CP, as those are reserved for legacy
(non-802.11e) nodes.

I've been having a problem where I keep getting CAP Proportion error
messages. It would be ok if I was requesting a considerable number of
flows. But no, I get it when I try to request 2 flows. The first flow
is accepted but the second is refused due to CAP Proportion error.
You can replicate it with the attached script. Its a modification of
the test-80211e.tcl. Instead of 3 nodes, it's only 2 nodes.

Can you please run the script and verify if you get the same result?
Thank you!

Best Regards,
Pedro Fortuna
INESC Porto

On 8/14/06, mathieu lacage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
hi pedro,

On Fri, 2006-08-11 at 19:53 +0100, Pedro Fortuna wrote:
> Hello Mathieu,
>
> Sorry for bothering you again.  I have a question which might have
> more to do with the 802.11e standard, but maybe you can enlighten me a
> bit. Im using your 802.11e implementation in NS2 to setup a scenario
> where a number of VoIP flows is exchanged between the QAP and a bunch
> of nodes.
>
> Each flow is configured with the exact same TSpec:
>               # set TSpec
>               set tspec [new TclTspec]
>               $tspec set-minimum-service-interval 0.0
>               $tspec set-maximum-service-interval 0.0
>               # ms
>               $tspec set-delay-bound 0.125
>               # bytes
>               $tspec set-nominal-msdu-size 80
>               # bytes per second
>               $tspec set-mean-data-rate 8000
>               $tspec set-peak-data-rate 8000
>
> But when running the simulation, only the first flows are accepted (1
> or 2 flows). The subsequent flows are refused due to CAP proportion
> being too big.
> I understand that during the CP, the QAP is able to provide TXOP to
> stations (CAPs), and that the overall number of CAPs shouln't not be
> over a certain value (0.4 i think). But why such a limited set of
> flows result in this error? When there aren't enough CAPs to offer,

Are you asking why 0.4 was choosen ? If so, the answer is that it seemed
like a decent default. Feel free to change it.

> the flows should try to transmit them using regular EDCA contention
> rules.... I'm not getting this behavior :(

Are you saying that traffics which are not accepted by the scheduler
should be accepted anyway and fed into EDCA slots ? This sounds
completely broken or maybe I don't understand what you are suggesting.

thanks for your feedback,
Mathieu