I used ns2 simulator to create trace files in two formats from tdma
simulation.

1) old wireless format
2) new wireless format

I usually feed this to "tracegraph" to get my results and plot them. I have
been looking for custom AWK/PERL scripts to write those analysis myself.

In the old wireless format , with some simple counts and pattern matching, i
can find the generated packets, dropped packets and bytes, forwarded packets
and bytes. But sent packets: i couldnt find anyway that matches with the
output from the tracegraph file.

And when i run the same scripts for the new wireless format .. [ i mean the
idea same with counts ] , most of the parameters differ. Basically, i have
to come up with scripts to calculate average delay, variation in delays (or
jitter), throughput in bits per seconds, packets
generated/sent/forwarded/dropped.

Is there any available scripts already, or any documentation that can lead
me to find the exact definition of how to calculate these.[ in the new
wireless format ].

I tried this link
http://mailman.isi.edu/pipermail/ns-users/2004-September/044669.html from
the archives, but no luck.