Hi there,

i was wondering if an agent can figure out, weather there are other
nodes in transmission range or not.
when two nodes are in range with each other i got some of this infos out
of the trace file:

r 37.578443732 _1_ MAC  --- 6 message 32 [0 ffffffff 0 800] -------
[0:255 -1:255 32 0]

This message tells me, that the MAC-Layer got a message from an other
node. But can i access this information in an agent?
Background: i want to implement an protocol that tries to send some data
when there are other nodes in range. Otherwise it have to wail sending
data.

Found out that a routing agent gets this message too, using the recv
function. But that do not realy help me with my problem?!
r 37.578468732 _1_ RTR  --- 6 message 32 [0 ffffffff 0 800] -------
[0:255 -1:255 32 0]

Hopeing someone out there knows a bit more of the internals.
Moritz