---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Karena Stannett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: 15 Nov 2007 13:10
Subject: Visualization of data pkt movements in nam for wireless scenarios
To: Ns-users@isi.edu

Hi all,

I am a newbie to NS2 and need to clarify something in respect of the
visualisation of data pkt movements in nam in wireless networks.  I've
worked my way through Marc Gries' Tutorials which state visualisation
of pkt movement is not possible.

However my research concerns DCCP and as such I am using the
dccp-ns2.29.patch.  I have also tried the dccp-wireless.tcl example
that is available from the same location as the patch.  When I run the
namtrace file it clearly shows pkts being sent and dropped between 2
nodes over a wireless network.  Is this visualisation unique to the
DCCP or is it now supported generally in NS2.  And if it is now
generally supported how is this done?

I've looked at the differences between the code of a tcp agent
wireless example very similar to the dccp-wireless.tcl and tried
commenting out / adding bits to see if I can create visualisation in
other wireless networks, read the wireless trace chapters of the
manual and tried to see if there is anything relevant in the archives
posts but  I'm still no closer to knowing how this is being acheived.

Any help appreciated

Karena

--
Respect -the ability to see a person as he is, to be aware of his
unique individuality.