Hi!

Comments further down.

Imen HEDFI wrote:
> i'm using the NIST mobility release, i verified the set up with  a
> manual of UMTS, this is not a reference script,

Sorry, I have not used the NIST mobility release, but I will make some guesses.

> i find in the archive the following comment
> "
>
> Due to the reordering at the Mobile's MAC layer, because of the
> parallel
>
> transmissions, only when the MAC-d PDUs are correctly
> reordered and passed up to the mobile's RLC, will there be a tracing
> event at the mobile node.So, an a example
>
> - 0.124 1 2 HARQ_1 322 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 3 8
>
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 3 8
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 3 9
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 4 10
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 4 11
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 4 12
>
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 5 13
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 5 14
> r 0.124005 1 2 AM_Data 40 ------- 0 7.0 2.0 0 6 15
>
> Indicates that a MAC-hs PDU (of size 322) has been dequed and its
> first
>
> MAC-d PDU is indicated by 3 8 (what these mean should be in the user
> guide)
>
> and when it is receievd correctly at the mobile, and reordered, all
> the
> individual MAC-d PDUs that constructed the MAC-hs PDU can be seen,
>
> i.e. 8-15 in this case."
>
> but i don't understand what are the nodes 1 and 2 ??

I would guess that node 1 is the BS and node 2 the UE (node 0 would be the RNC
as you described earlier). I believe all nodes are numbered sequentially when
created (perhaps someone can verify this?). This means that the first node
created will get node id 0, the second 1 and so on. Check your script and look
for the order of creation among the nodes.

Since you don't get any packets to node 2 (according to your trace, which is
why you must be certain you are tracing correctly) there must be some
connection missing between the BS and the UE.

Good luck!

Mats Folke