Hi,

The problem with the latter one (i.e., when a questioner gets the answer,
repost the answer back to the mailing list) is that the person who's got the
answer may not forward the answer back to the mailing list. Even when you have
the rule written say in FAQ, new persons who recently joined the mailing list
might not know about the rule. Then, they would not forward the answer back to
the mailing list.

In my opinion, reply all with a simple tag [ANS:NS] or something like this
might work. People will know that this email message is an answer to a certain
question. Those who do not care about the answer can immediately delete it.
They may event get their mail client to delete mail whose subject contain
[ANS:NS].

But we need to come up with an agreed-upon tag for answering the question.

Note that one drawback of this approach is that there might be too many email
about the reply, which might annoy our members.

Best Wishes,

Teerawat Issariyakul
http://www.ns2ultimate.com/
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Teerawat-Issariyakul/358240861417