On a whim I brought up VB6 and added some IP#Works controls. They
seem to work just fine. That got me thinking that maybe I downloaded
the wrong package so I went back and made sure I grabbed the 2002
activeX for pocktetpc. I uninstalled what I had and re-installed the
new download but there's no change so I'm pretty sure I have the
right package.

I do have an email with what looks like registry entries in it but
it just says to use it if I have to re-install at a later date. I'll
have to have another look at that tonight.

I've never seen anything that talks about using a key like you do
with Franson serial and Visual Basic doesn't seem to require it to
add the controls and see the properties (haven't actually run
anything with VB though).

I think it would be good if George updated the NSBasic site with
some instructions. For that matter, get some links from the regular
pages to the IP*Works pages as nsbasic.com. I had to use google to
find the IP*Works announcement/instructions  at the nsbasic site.

--- In [EMAIL PROTECTED], "Chris Kenworthy"