Okay, well, I've had some luck, so maybe describing what I did would
help.

First off, I'd already copied the ocx files, (http50.ocx is the one
I'm testing on,) to the device and used a tiny NSB program to run the
regsvrce on them. Before we got into this discussion about the
licences, my test program was already working, however, it would show
the 'This application uses an evaluation version of IP*Works! You may
test it for a period of 30 days...' nagware popup before attempting
to connect. If you haven't gotten that much working, then there's
something else wrong I think.

Also, I'm not adding any IPworks stuff into the NSbasic toolbox on my
desktop, as an FYI. Just calling:
AddObject "IPWorks.HTTP", "web"

near the beginning of the source code, before any subs or functions.

Okay. I went through the routine on the desktop to get the http1.ok -
I did it in visual basic 6, and at first the DESKTOP was complaining
that it was on a trial version too, but that was fixed by manually
entering the reg code that /n software had emailed me, and I've
gotten my .ok code.

The final step is to set that .ok code in my nsbasic ce test program.
Before I used web in any other way, I put in a line like this:
web.ok = "31504...00"
Except much longer of course. I figure that a line of that sort would
need to be in every program using ipworks, unless we can get it saved
into the device registry like it is in the desktop registry.

Not entirely sure, but it seems like you've got slightly higher
expectations for having everything be seamless and smooth than I do.
To me, having to tweak a little is alright, as long as I can get it
to work heheh.