I'm writing a proposal to create a custom application for a Symbol handheld
scanner running Win Mobile 6.0.  The Symbol distributor who called me would
like to charge his prospective customer some amount per scanner, expecting the
customer to start with a few scanners, then buy more later.  It's a licensing
issue.  I'd like your opinions and suggestions about how to lock my application
to just the scanners my distributor sells.
  The GetSerialNumber function in NSBasic seems a likely answer.  For multiple
scanners I can use an array of serial numbers, and recompile as needed to add
more approved numbers.  When the app starts, I check the approved list against
GetSerialNumber, and either continue or quit.
  This solves any problems with dead batteries (when a Symbol unit battery runs
down, the unit reverts back to factory installation, everything added since the
factory disappears).
  Thanks for your suggestions.

Wayne Graham