>From the TechNote 26 description it appears that API calls can be made passing
>parameters as in "ByRef X As Byte()" with no problem.  However due to VBScript
>limitations what you pass in (and get back) are arrays of Integer (or "short"
>i.e. VT_I2, signed 16-bit integers).

The issue I have is that I need to be able to write these out (for example to
disk) as a stream of Byte values.

I could easily use the newObjects SFMain object to create an SFStream object
and call its WriteBin method.  However SFStream expects a Variant buffer
parameter containing an array of subtype Byte (VT_UI1).

I can see that the array of Integer subtype has advantages in allowing VBScript
manipulation, but I now seem to have a mismatch between DECLARE and SFStream.

So my question is:  Does anybody have a suggestion for resolving this mismatch,
or do I have something confused on my part?

- Bob